Sunday, December 28, 2008

Making Gingerbread Houses

During Christmas week, my roommates and I made gingerbread houses with our friends. We had them bring little candies without telling them what they were going to be doing, and then got the basic necessary supplies using Chinese snacks and candies. For never having made gingerbread houses before, they did a great job! Several asked if this was something that Americans did every year, and where the tradition came from. I didn't know, so I looked it up while they were still here. Apparently the tradition of making gingerbread houses began in Germany, after Brothers Grimm published the story of Hansel and Gretel in the early 1800's.
JunZhi and YangChen


Linda and Andrew


Stacy and Angela


Victor and PengYan

Krista and me, with the remains of our not-so-sturdy house.the mess we got to clean up afterwords!

Click here for more pictures


No comments:

Post a Comment