Saturday, April 18, 2009

ING

Here's what I've been up to this week - the "ING's" of my week.

-reading...Wild Swans, a book about a Chinese woman's grandmother, mother, and her own life in China

-studying...Chinese. It never ends!

-biking...it's finally getting warm enough to use my bike for more than just necessary transportation

-playing...with my little friends who live in the foster home. They came and helped me make dinner this week.

-hanging out...a lot with friends. Hosted about 15 people for a friend's birthday party, which included delicious fajitas and a food fight later with the cake!

-cleaning...the cake off the floor after people left that night.

-opening...the windows. Rain was in the forecast, so I closed them when I went to class in the morning, but it never did rain. I opened them back up as soon as I got home.

-wondering...if I can get my tutor to laugh. I had to work pretty hard at it this week, but did eventually get a couple little chuckles out of her.

-enjoying...watching all the kids play outside with their grandparents, now that the weather is warmer.

-listening...to the sounds of China: fireworks celebrating a business opening (this happens daily within my hearing range), the Happy Birthday garbage truck, cars honking.

-watching...a fight. One morning as I was reading, I heard people yelling, so I looked out my 23rd floor window to see grown men throwing punches down on the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment