Thursday, March 13, 2008

Inflatable Water Balls

Spring is here! With the last few weeks have come some beautiful spring days, and I couldn't help but take advantage of the warmer weather. Last week, I went on a bike ride, ending up at a city park. As we were walking around the park, I saw inflatable balls, like plastic bubbles, out on the lake, tethered to a pole on the land. Inside each bubble was a kid, most of them under the age of 10, running in circles and falling as they lost their balance on the water. After making sure it wasn't just for small children, I waited for my turn to climb in my water ball. Slipping inside the opening, I was zipped in and the bubble blown up around me, then sealed shut. Completely waterproof except for the condensation from my breath, I walked/rolled/was pushed onto the water, where I tried to stand, run, balance, and do cartwheels in this inflated ball on the lake!
Filling up the bubble


Ready to join all the Chinese kids

Trying to stand...

success! (for a split-second)...

...and failing

I loved it - such a strange sensation of being enclosed in a ball - on the water! I felt like I was the 10 year old again, giggling when I fell and trying unsuccessfully just to stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment