Friday, March 14, 2008

Picture of the Week

This intersection is just down the street from my apartment - I cross it every day on my way to class. Big intersections have stoplights, and a few round-abouts exist as well, but this one (2 lanes crossing 4 lanes), along with many others, is small enough it doesn't 'need' any traffic signals. No stoplights, so cars, bikes, people all just squeeze their way through, often with a little laying on the horn. When riding my bike, I've learned how to use "blockers" - the cars, trucks, or buses, often taxis, that aggresively drive through the intersection, allowing me to ride with the oncoming traffic on the other side of the blocker. At this particular intersection, and many others, most of the time I am able to cross without ever having to stop or put my foot down!

No comments:

Post a Comment